An evaluation essay is an argumentative essay that focuses on the positive or adverse effects. It is important to include examples and evidence to back up your points and use outside research. You should also include a conclusion that summarizes your position on this specific subject and mention any further thoughts you may have about it as a whole.
To write a proper evaluation essay, one must first determine their stance on the topic at hand. Answering “yes” or “no” will not suffice here; instead, you must present reasons for why you believe this statement to be true or false. Next, you must create a thesis statement that expresses your argument succinctly and precisely. Finally, creating a solid outline will help you structure your essay and deliver a final product that effectively presents your position.
Basic Evaluation Essay Structure
Evaluation essays are used to persuade the audience of your viewpoint, not just state it as fact. Even without the use of facts or statistics, you must still defend your argument from those who oppose it. It is essential to present both sides of the situation to understand better what problems exist and how they can be solved for positive results.
When writing a proper evaluation essay, you must consider all possible perspectives before putting pen to paper. This rule especially applies when creating an argumentative assignment about something controversial, such as gun control laws in America.
In particular, with this issue, many different angles could be examined. For instance, you could compare gun violence rates in states with stricter laws to those with looser regulations. You could also look at the prevalence of guns on college campuses and its correlation to high levels of sexual assault on campus. No matter what angle you choose, it is necessary to remain objective while writing an evaluation essay.
When writing your evaluation essay, be sure to back up all of your points with examples and evidence. This shows that you are knowledgeable about the subject at hand and strengthens your argument for this topic being beneficial or harmful. When taking time outside research into account, one must consider how big of a role this information will play in their final paper. If it only contributes minor points, then using outside sources would not be necessary, and it would be best not to include this information. However, if the evidence you find online supports your position on a subject, you must reference it accordingly to support your argument.
You must also consider the audience you wish to persuade. Remember that your final paper should not include any language that only certain people will understand or identify with. Furthermore, do not stray from the topic at hand as this can confuse those reading it and make them lose interest. If you are still unsure how to proceed with writing this type of assignment, ask a professor for help. Many resources are available to help guide you along the way, so there is no reason why a student cannot complete a quality evaluation essay.
A well-structured evaluation essay follows a few essential steps that can be summarized as a three-pronged approach: determining your stance, creating a thesis statement, and outlining your argument. If you keep this information in mind while writing your final paper, it will strengthen the points you are trying to make and help you effectively deliver them. By following these guidelines and utilizing the tips above, editing services such as Peachy Essay can provide students with what they need to complete their best evaluation essays.
Example Of Evaluation Essay
Topic: What Was the Historical Role of Feminism?
For example, you must assess feminism’s historical role. This is how your essay will start:
“Many socio-political phenomena are taken for granted today. People in democracies have various rights and freedoms, including the ability to participate in presidential elections, freely express themselves, and worship as they like, all of which are protected by a plethora of legislation, bills, non-governmental organizations, and the like. Social life, on the other hand, was not always so fair. In the early 20th century, racial tensions between whites and blacks were high, women’s rights were largely unaddressed, and many other inequities prevailed.’’
How to Choose a Good Topic for an Evaluation Essay
With the help of these pointers, we want to make the process of finding subjects for assessment essays a cinch for you. There are a plethora of evaluation essay themes to be found on the internet. You can come up with your own unique topic for an evaluation paper.
- Use the Internet to Find Out More About a Particular Subject
You and your audience should be interested in the topic you choose. It will inspire you while you’re working on it, and it will help you come up with creative solutions. Few people enjoy the act of writing. Choose a topic you’re interested in to make the work easier.
- Paying Close Attention
It would be best to determine whether or not your subject matter is too broad or too limited. Some aspects of an essay may not be understood by readers who aren’t well-versed in the subject matter. You should stick with a more specific and common theme familiar to an extensive range of people rather than focusing on an obscure topic.
- Decide on Sources You Can Trust
Seek out trustworthy sources of knowledge, such as scholarly journals, papers, and books. Keep an eye out for reliable sources. Scientific articles and publications that have been peer-reviewed are preferable since they contain important data. To get the most up-to-date information on your issue, choosing current sources is essential. You can’t use any source that’s more than ten years old for your research.
Getting input from your teacher is a wonderful idea while writing an evaluation essay topic. Your teacher will likely provide you with several pointers and ideas for a future essay. So, if you’re having trouble deciding on a topic, don’t hesitate to ask them for advice.
Unique Evaluation Paper Topics
Writing an evaluation essay is a lot like writing a review. Topics for evaluation essays are endless. Find a topic that interests you. Use these unique evaluation essay topics to inspire your writing.
You may not think of your life as an evaluation essay topic, yet inspiration is here. You may examine your relationships as well as everyday items.
- A student’s reaction to parenting approaches. Do you prefer your parents’ style? Which style works best? Why?
- Examine how curfews limit freedom. Should kids have curfews? Curfews: benefits and drawbacks
- Examine internet dating. How do online connections compare to offline ones?
- Examine online communication. Are you more open online? When compared to real-life interactions,
- Examine the education system at your school and globally. How is your educational system? What might they fix? For kids with disabilities, how could education be reformed?
- How have cellphones altered your life? So you don’t need one? Does it replace face-to-face contact? Is life without a phone difficult?
- Write a critique on school lunch programs. What do they lack? What can be improved? How are they doing?
Topics for Evaluation Essays
The world is filled with wonders. These evaluation essay topics cover everything from your favorite food to your friendships.
- Analyze a favorite play or concert. Discuss how the actors make the performance fun. So, how could we make it better? Examine the director, the backdrops, and the sound.
- Analyze an online gaming platform. What’s impressive about it? Should there be options?
- Analyze your favorite fast-food joint. Who do they serve? Is everything hot and fresh?
- Examine a favorite football team’s season. What modifications should they make? How did they do this season? Did their draft picks assist them?
- Examine online gaming’s realism. Can certain games impair one’s ability to discern reality? Virtual realism: advantages and cons
- Examine your favorite cinema. What do they do well to please the user? How could they improve it?
- Examine your favorite dish or eatery. Isn’t it amazing? Which foods or restaurants do you prefer?
- Examine your friendship with your best friend. What could be improved? What’s working in the marriage? How does it compare to sibling relationships?
Media Evaluation Essay Topics
- Analyze a recent news broadcast. What sets the station apart from other news shows? How can they improve? Do they tell happy stories or only facts? What draws you to their news?
- Analyze Snapchat. How has this social media source influenced communication? Has the loss of posts made people less accountable?
- Check out Facebook or LinkedIn. How does it help people stay connected? What can be improved? Has social media replaced face-to-face communication?
- Examine how online radio has transformed. Where can I listen to online music and radio?
- Examine television as a medium. What’s new in TV? Has Netflix and Hulu impacted television?
- Examine the impact of social media on society.
- How has the internet influenced marketing? What are the differences? How are the techniques used?
- Many evaluation essay themes can be found in media. Learn about television, the internet, and even radio.
- Study the internet’s impact on global communication. What are the benefits?
Literature & Film Evaluative Topics
It’s crucial to find engaging assessment essay subjects. Thus, movies and literature provide great essay topics.
- A classic novel you came across. What makes the novel special? How could it be improved? What if it was written today?
- Evaluating the impact of a controversial book, both historically and now. Why is it so divisive? Is it still a hot topic?
- Examine a current comedy film or TV show. How has the comedy genre evolved? What has developed in humorous movies or TV shows?
- Examine an early 1900s film remake. What’s new? How is it the same? Do they realize it’s a remake?
- Examine the computer-generated graphics in a big-budget film. How has the CG changed in a decade? What has changed in CG? Is it difficult to tell what some of the CG scenes are? Why?
- Examine today’s top movies. What makes them stand out? How do they stack up against recent hits? What do you notice?
- Examine your most recent book-to-film adaptation. What did the writers and directors do particularly well? What was lacking? What could have been done better? What should have remained?
- Inquire about a top ten read. Discover what makes the book so compelling. Find out what others think.
- Write a romanticism essay. How did it affect literature?
Topics for Art Criticism Essays
- Analyze contemporary art in your essay and what has changed throughout time? What defines modern art?
- Analyze your favorite band’s last concert performance. Lyrics omitted or changed? Overall, how did it go? What went wrong?
- Art is enjoyable. It inspires. Become inspired by these evaluation essay themes.
- Examine a well-known art form like sculpture or painting and what distinguishes the format?
- Investigate a well-known musician and what this musician do to accomplish or alter the musical structure? Should they be famous?
- Look into art forms like fashion design and architecture and how is it an art form? What sets it apart from other arts?
- Rank a famous artist. Examine their painting style and color choices. Why is this artist renowned? In what way do they compare to other artists?
- Scrutinize a genre like a polka or folk music. What defines a specialized genre? What makes music distinctive? What could deter people?
Writing an evaluation essay begins with the selection of a topic. However, if you’re still having trouble getting started, you can turn to Peachy Essay writing services for assistance from a qualified writer. Writing is a skill that can be honed, but if you’re not sure you’re cut out for it, let our team of expert writers guide you through the process of starting from scratch on an essay.